Saturday, 31 May 2014

Spring is the season for...shaming Women?

Ah spring, the season of warm sunshine, gentle breezes and shaming women. It seems this week there has been a near explosion of articles about schools cracking down on Girls due to Their choice of spring attire. It seems that some school admins fear that the sight of a naked feminine leg or shoulder will drive the boys to unspeakable levels of distraction.

The most disturbing thing about this nonsense is the degree to which these schools are going to shame these young Women and subject them to increasingly humiliating disciplinary acts.

The great news is that today's Girls aren't taking this nonsense without a fight. They are refusing to be made to feel ashamed of their bodies nor are they interested in dealing with the boy's 'problems'.

To quote from one such article ;

"When I started explaining why I didn’t understand that rule, they didn’t really want to hear anything I had to say, and it was in front of my entire class. I felt very attacked ... and I wanted to tell them how I felt," Stocker said, adding that many of the rules in the dress code appear to specifically target girls.
"They should approach it in a way that doesn’t target girls at least — for starters — because that’s the first problem. They don’t really care what guys wear. They just kind of target the girls first."
Stocker left the classroom and printed off about 20 posters inspired by an image on Tumblr that read: “Don’t humiliate her because she is wearing shorts. It’s hot outside. Instead of shaming girls for their bodies, teach boys that girls are not sexual objects” and posted them around the school.


Truth be told this time of year is enormously distracting for males. The sight of Feminine beauty everywhere is mesmerizing to be sure. Women's beauty does drive males to distraction and we wouldn't have it any other way. The Girl's are right though, this is a male problem not something They should have to worry about and certainly not something Women should be punished for.
Of course another truth is that these same Girls are kicking the boys asses in schools anyway. I think boy's today are more aware than ever of Women's power expressed through Their intelligence and skill. It is also felt by males in a most elemental form through the acknowledged power of Feminine beauty. boys today seem to have lots of distractions for their small minds ( video games, sports etc). At least in being distracted by the mysterious beauty of the Feminine they are feeling something real and wonderful.



To quote the American Psychological Association -

"Girls Make Higher Grades than Boys in All School Subjects, Analysis Finds"


 

 

 

Also as Goddess made a point of saying to me -

"What difference does it make whether these Women dress a certain way just stay cool or to be cool or even if they do dress to tease. That's Their choice and Their right to express themselves as Women, to hell with what boys think about it"

school dress code?

 

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to the day that these young ladies go out into the 'real world' and discover there is a corporate code of dress that applies to them as well.

    Of course girls shouldn't be ashamed of their bodies. Nor should boys be ashamed for their lust after (most,not all) of those bodies. However, I dare say myopia like yours will fail to prepare girls for things such as this : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/02/slutshaming-isnt-related-sexual-activity_n_5418711.html

    After all, it's only the males who 'have problems'.

    Clarence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fully agree with the above comment of Clarence. The entire American educational system is a blight. The problem is the content of science and well-rounded debate is curtailed and undermined by the objective of 'actualization' and self-image imbuement. Children who are taught on feeding their "Feelings" and NOT their knowledge are highly ripe for indoctrination and manipulation - Female and male!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a guy I find it disappointing that the inference is that the guys are somehow so weak as to be totally distracted by what the girls are wearing. I have no doubt that the guys notice what the girls wear but they do move on. I was a small boy, teenager, young man and now a middle aged man with a daughter. So I have been through these phases of life. I survived without undue distraction or overwhelming lust. In fact my recollection of the time was of not really caring too much beyond the occasional interaction involving teasing or attention seeking.

    I think it is more a case of what I now call fat angry woman syndrome. I think we get jealous middle age women who look at the young skinny girls and are simply jealous or at the very least build up in their minds some illusion of vulnerability or something. The reality is that there isn't a problem. Otherwise we would have young girls being raped and molested all over the place and that simply is not happening.

    Yes there is a need to protect girls from untoward activities from a minority of men but the reality is that we live in a pretty safe and open society. My wife and I encourage my daughter to feel free. To wear skimpy outfits. To be confident in her body. Actually especially to school which is in reality a very safe environment. We try to teach her to look out for dangerous situations that can occur irrecpective of what she is wearing. Like being out at night alone - not on for anyone irrespective of clothing.

    So to me the whole thing is a beat up.

    ReplyDelete